The National Development Bank of Palau (NDPB) is entertaining applications from motivated individuals interested in working in the challenging position for Comptroller or Chief FInancial Officer. The position involves managing the Bank’s accounting systems and procedures to ensure that all financial transactions, records and reports are executed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principals and established accounting policies and procedures of the Bank.
Minimum qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or comparable field of study; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints form customers, regularity agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced business/accounting concepts such as generally accepted accounting principals in a banking environment, cost benefit analyses, forecasting and net present value calculations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of tests reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation of techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or disgram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical ability and reasoning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and experiences in computerized accounting software and/or applications is a plus.
Job description will be made available upon request.
Starting salaray is $24,000 per annum (or more, depending on qualifications)
Interested applicants may submit complete resume and application to:
Attn: Acting President of the Bank
Ms. Ulai Teltull
National Development Bank of Palau
P.O. Box 816
Koror, Palau 96940